Benefits of Dhanurasana or the bow pose(Yoga pose)
Today I’m going to explain one yoga pose which can cure a lot of diseases with consistent practice.This yoga pose is called Dhnuarasana or the bow pose.
What are benefits of doing Dhanurasana?
- Useful for diabetes patients, with regular practice you can control diabetes
- Removes gastro-intestinal disorder.
- Stimulates and helps in slimming the whole body.
- Gives good stimulation and flexibility to the back.
Who shouldn’t try this ?
- People with general debility should be cautious while performing this asana and practice only after expert consultation.
How to do?
- Bend the knees and hold the ankles by the palms.
- As you inhale,raise the head and the chest upwards. Pull the legs outwards and backwards so that the spine is arched back like a bow.
- Rest on the abdomen.
- Do not bend the elbows.
- Look up
- Keep the toes together.
- Maintain for about half a minute with normal breathing.
- Slowly come back to Sthiti(3, 4 in figure)while exhaling.
- Relax in Makarasana(4 in figure).